Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Department Name: Glass Plant
Summary of Job Duties:
- Loads line with glass and mate in production order.
- Applies logo to glass to indicate laminated glass.
- Rotates annealed glass against sanders to remove sharp edges (seaming), keeping glass and mate in production order.
- Feeds glass into washer, maintaining production order and correct surface up.
- Lays vinyl inner-layer on first piece of glass and aligns mate on top.
- Trims excess vinyl with knife and pushes mated glass towards heating oven.
- Maintains cleanliness of Clean Room.
- Tests glass exiting heat oven for proper temperature in accordance with procedures.
- Affixes production labels on glass exiting heating oven.
- Loads mated glass units on carts using spacers.
- Monitors glass for defects throughout the process.
- Must be a team player.
To apply for this position:
- Download an application: pgt_job_application.pdf
- Complete all sections
- Return the completed form to PGT's Human Resources Department located in the main office building at 1070 Technology Drive, N. Venice, FL between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Fax to (941) 486-0809